National Dachshund Races (Doxie Downs)
Where: Humane Society & SPCA of Hancock Cty 4550 Fostoria Ave. Findlay
Building opens to the Public at noon. Races start at 1 pm
• “Seniors Race” the run is 20 feet in length, and only for doxies 9 years of age and older.
• “Adult Race” the run is 35 feet in length, and open to any adult dachshund 1yr of age or older. The doxies will challenge each other categorized by age and weight.
• “Puppy Race” the run is 20 feet in length, and open for doxies no younger than 12 weeks old and no older than 1yr old. The funds from this race go to help fund the vet care for the K-9 unit which is provided by Findlay Animal Care Center. If you are paying by check you can make the check out directly to the providing vet and list “K-9 Account” in memo section.
• Special cause races are for both adult and puppy in mini and standard sizes.
• “Race for a Cure” is a race to support the research of the illness “PKD”. The run is 35 feet in length and open to doxie’s of all ages.
• “Race for Rescue” is a race to support both the Dachshund Rescue of North America and TLU Rescue.
• “Race for Cuddles” is a race in honor of the First Dachshund of The National Dachshund Races.
• “Five Star Military Race” is a race to support deployed troops. Funds raised will go to Flag City Honor Flight (Findlay) and Heroes in Action (Toledo). There will be a race for each of the five divisions of the US Military (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard.) The winner of each race will then compete to become the overall champion in the Five Star Military Race.
• “Cart Race” is a race for handicapped dachshunds that are confined to a wheeled cart. The race is open to adult doxies only. There will be no starting gate and dogs will race two at a time.
• “Race for King Sam the Doodle” is a race for all special needs doxies. There will be no starting gate and dogs will race two at a time. We will need to know what the dog’s special needs are; blind, deaf, missing leg(s) etc. Funds will go to DARE (Dachshund Adoption, Rescue & Education).
• “Mixed-breed Race participating doxies must be adult dog ages 1-8 years old, a family doxie dachshund must be shorter than 13 inches
• “Small Breed Race participating doggies must be doggies under 10” tall, a family doggie, & must be spayed or neutered.
Building open to the Public at 10 am .Events and Races start at 11 a.m,
• “Best Dressed Female” is a judging event to determine which female doxie has the best outfit on.
• “Best Dressed Male” is a judging event to determine which male doxie has the best outfit on.
• “Best Group” is a judging event for 2 or more doxies to determine which doxies are dressed the same.
• “Look-a-Like” is a judging event to determine which doxie and their handler look-a-like. Imaginative and creative outfits are strongly encouraged!
• “Most original” is a judging event to determine which doxie displays the most originality.
- JR .Championship Race: Children’s ages 9-16 years old, participating doxies must be adult doxies ages 1-8 years old, a family doxie.
- Championship Circuit Races
• “Longest” is a judging event to determine which doxie is the Longest for both mini’s and standards.
• “Oldest” is a judging event to determine which over our senior doxies is the oldest.
• “Green Carpet Dog Show” is a judging event for each color class of dachshund and for both standard and mini sizes. The winner from each group will be judged for best of show.
• “Short Coat” is a judging event to determine which doxie has the shortest coat.
• “Long Coat” is a judging event to determine which doxie has the longest coat.
• “Wire Coat” is a judging event to determine which doxie has the most wiry coat.
• “Smallest” is a judging event to determine which doxie, over 1-year of age, is the smallest.
• “Mayor’s Cup” is a timed event consisting of the participating doxies running an obstacle course.
• “Best Nose” is a timed event consisting of the participating doxies successfully finding a treat with their nose.